Victron Battery Monitor BMV-712 Smart Shunt (black)
With integrated Bluetooth.
With its built-in Bluetooth, the BMV Smart is ready for the Internet of Things (IoT) era. Most other Victron Energy products also have Bluetooth. The wireless communication between the products thus simplifies the installation of systems and improves performance.
Download the Victron Bluetooth app.
Using a smartphone or other Bluetooth-enabled device, adjust
- view all important data on one screen,
- view historical data, and
- on update the latest software when new features are available.
All electrical connections are made to the PCB connector on the current shunt. The shunt is connected to the monitor using a standard RJ12 telephone cable. Supplied with: RJ12 cable (10 m) and battery cable with fuse (2 m); No additional components are required. In addition, a separate front bezel for a square or circular display; includes a security ring for rear mounting and screws for front mounting.
Midpoint voltage monitoring.
One damaged cell or battery can destroy a large, expensive battery bank. If batteries are connected in series, a timely warning can be generated by measuring the midpoint voltage. Please also refer to the BMV manual, section 5. 2 for more information. We recommend our Battery Balancer (BBA000100100) to maximize the life of series connected lead-acid batteries.
Very low current draw from the battery
Current consumption: 0.7 Ah per month (1 mA) at 12 V and 0.6 Ah per month (0.8 mA) at 24V Lithium-ion batteries in particular have almost no capacity left when discharged to the point of low voltage shutdown. After a low voltage shutdown, the capacity reserve of a lithium-ion battery is approximately 1 Ah per 1000 Ah battery capacity. The battery will be damaged if the remaining reserve capacity is drained from the battery. For example, a residual current of 10mA can damage a 200Ah battery if the system is left discharged for more than 8 days.
Bi-stable alarm relay.
Prevents increased current drain in the event of an alarm.
- Battery voltage, current, power, amp-hours used and state of charge
- Time remaining at current discharge rate
- Programmable visual and audible alarm
- Programmable relay to shut down non-essential loads or a generator when needed turn on.
- A 500 amp quick connect shunt and connector set.
- Shunt capacity selectable up to 10,000 amps.
- VE. Direct Communications Port
- Stores a wide range of historical data that can be used to assess usage patterns and battery health.
- Wide input voltage range: 6.5 - 70 V
- High current measurement resolution 10 mA (0.01 A)
- Additional input for measuring voltage (a second battery), temperature or midpoint voltage and associated alarm and relay settings.
Power supply voltage range: 635-70VDC
Input voltage range, additional battery: 6.5-70VDC
Battery capacity (Ah): 1-9999Ah
Operating temperature range: -40 +50°C
Measures voltage of a second battery, temperature or midpoint: Yes
Temperature measurement range: -20 +50°C
VE. Direct communication port: Yes
Bistable relay: 60V / 1A Normally open (function can be reversed)
RESOLUTION & ACCURACY (with a 500A shunt)
Current ± 0.01 A
voltage ± 0.01 V
ampere hours ± 0.1 Ah
state of charge (0 – 100%) ± 0.1%
remaining time ± 1 min
temperature (0 - 50°C or 30 - 120°F) ± 1 °C/ °F
Accuracy of current measurement ± 0.4%
Accuracy of voltage measurement ± 0.3%
INSTALLATION & DIMENSIONS
Flat mount installation
Front 63mm diameter
Front bezel 69 x 69mm (2.7 x 2.7 inch)
Bolts for shunt connectors M10 (1 cm / 0.3937 inch)
Diameter and depth housing 52 mm (2.0 inch) and 31 mm (1.2 inch)
Protection class IP55 (not suitable for outdoor use)
Safety EN 60335-1
Emissions / Immunity EN 55014-1 / EN 55014-2
Automotive ECE R10-4 / EN 50498
Battery voltage, current, state of charge in percent and the auxiliary input (battery temperature, average deviation or voltage of the starter battery).
Number of days for which trend data is stored: 46 days